
Intro:
Hello! my name is Andrea Otteson…this is Toby – my parent’s cat, with
whom I am obsessed. (You can also make out a senior portrait of me
directly to the right of my left eye). I am 27 and a graduate of
Northwestern University, where I majored in Art Theory and Practice
and minored in Business.
Family status:
Single, no children…looking for love
Siblings:
Older Brother (Brett), younger sister (Abbey)
Nursing career interests:
I had always sort of envisioned becoming a nurse practitioner and
possibly one day working in a high school with teens…but I donno. I
really want to become well skilled clinically, so I can respond to
situations with my own interventions instead of just ‘call for help’,
which is basically my go-to of choice at the moment. So, I would like
to have a few years of solid hospital work under my belt before pursuing further advanced degrees.
Past Careers and Lives:
I did not take a direct path towards nursing at all. I worked in Los
Angeles in the entertainment industry after college and would often
find myself having lunch in the hospital across the street from where
I worked (incidentally, the same hospital where Britney was 5150’d and
Dennis Quaid’s twins were almost killed). I had originally thought
about becoming a nurse when I was in the hospital with my mom after
she had a heart attack about 8 years ago but never actualized the idea
until 3 years ago…
Hobbies:
Friends, family, eating, cooking, watching marathons of reality
television on Bravo, riding my bike, dancing at weddings (or anywhere
else), laughing uncontrollably, gangster rap & top 40 music, yoga,
running, cupcakes, travelling, throwing theme parties, my roommates,
st. paul / Minneapolis rivalries (I am a loyal st. paul girl),
teaching ski lessons (I downhill ski), I also love shopping at
Marshall’s and Home Goods
Places lived/traveled/or impressionable moments in your life:
I went to Italy last spring and it made me want to travel all the
time. I would love to go to south America and travel more! I also
love South Beach and pretending it’s okay for me to have spring break
even though I am 27 and my only source of income is through FAFSA……..
Anything else!?
I just am really looking forward to becoming a nurse and getting to
know my classmates better. I belong to the Walker and love going with
other people if anyone is ever interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment