- I don't have kids. I live with my partner (not married) and our dog Sadie.
- I think I want to go on to be a family nurse practioner with a focus on women's health. I'm interested in practicing outside the U.S., doing research, and teaching interdisciplinary material (e.g. medical anthropology, nursing ethics, critical nursing theory).
- My prior career was in youth services. I worked five years for Lutheran Social Services providing street-based outreach to homeless youth, housing-first-style case management to 'chronically homeless' youth, and staffing an emergency shelter in St. Paul. I worked for a year and a half at District 202, the (now-defunct) queer youth social center in town, running a sexual health program, providing HIV testing, facilitating support groups, teaching sex ed classes, etc. I volunteered for many years at Access Works, the (now-defunct) storefront needle exchange program providing harm reduction services to injection drug users. Now I bake cupcakes a couple times a week at Bedlam Theatre.
- Hobbies include baking, cooking, taking Italian classes, shadow puppetry, and community organizing around sexual violence issues.
- I've lived in and traveled to a lot of places around the world. I spent the few months between getting laid off from my last job and the start of nursing school living in my van and visiting friends down south and out west, happily spending my unemployment checks on gas and a new clutch.
No comments:
Post a Comment