Monday, October 19, 2009

Lauren Trotman


I'm currently roughing it on my own up in St. Anthony. My boyfriend of 4 years is working on his Ph.D. in Evolutionary Ecology at Iowa State. We try to make the 450 mile round-trip on weekends when possible... so it’s really convenient that we have online tests almost Every weekend this semester...

I just graduated in May ‘09 from the University of St. Thomas with a degree in Community Health Education. I worked as a peer educator on campus for 2 years and I can honestly say it was a job I loved! I came to nursing through a number of different experiences (dietary aide & CNA in nursing homes, volunteering at Children’s & United Hospitals, family & personal experiences, and a love for health and wellness). I am COMPLETELY up in the air in regards to career interests. Pediatrics, OB, oncology, public health, psych/mental health... they all sound fantastic to me! I’m sometimes worried that so many people seem to have it narrowed down to 1 or 2 areas, but I know that in the coming months I will get a much better idea of what I would or would not love to do. I may or may not proceed into the DNP program.. right now I’m just concerned with surviving these 16 months :-)

In my “spare” time (hahaha, who am I kidding?!) I like to spend time with my family, friends and pets. I love to scrapbook, read, shop, try new recipes, and basically anything else that will get my mind off school for a while!

I grew up in a small rural town in southeastern Minnesota. I’ve grown and learned a lot since moving to the cities just over 4 years ago, but I’ll always have a little hick in me Hahaha! I have never left the United States... pretty sad, I know. I have my passport though... so hopefully sometime in the near-ish future :-) I did study “abroad” in Hawaii in January ’08. I realize it’s still the U.S. but if you ask a lot of the Hawaiians, they’ll deny that! Living in Hawaii for a month was simply amazing (especially in January!) I Will return someday!

I immediately love anyone who can make me laugh. I can be a huge smart-ass and sometimes have those “should-have-kept-my-mouth-shut” days, but I also have a very shy side. Some are surprised to see it, some don’t know me any other way. I have crooked pinkies, 2 middle names and I Hate coffee.

Besides enjoying lunch breaks and mini-venting sessions with you guys, I hope to get to know you outside of school as well! I love to dance.. all I need is some liquid courage and at least 1 other brave soul :-) Anything else that doesn’t require any/much money is always a plus! And I know it seems so far away, but we will HAVE to have an MN night at a Twins game in the new stadium this spring!!!!

So now you probably know more than you ever wanted to about me! If not, you know where to find me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment